The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy. The goal of the League of Women Voters is to empower citizens to shape better communities worldwide.
- Believe that grassroots initiatives and consensus building are the strength of our organization
- Believe that our organization models the principles of good governance
- Consider well and prepare thoroughly before taking action
- Believe that citizenship requires knowledge as well as the ability and will to act
- Believe that the responsibility of good government rests on the shoulders of its citizens